- There are so many loyalty cards out there but which ones are giving you the best deal?
- Find out more about cards such as the Tesco Clubcard, Boots Advantage Card and the Nando’s Card.
Most students will be talking about how skint they are at this point in the semester. So when you just have to spend money, why not be rewarded for it? We all love rewards right? Here’s a few loyalty cards you might want to consider keeping to hand.
- 1 in 6 students spend their student loan within a month with many making poor decisions when it comes to spending it
- We talk to students on their experiences of their spending.
- There is support available from universities to help struggling students such as Hardship Loans.
Waking up after a night out and realising you’ve bought a mini grand piano, a wedding dress or an inflatable sheep might not be what you had in mind when your student loan dropped in. Well, we all know the things you should be spending it on – course books, rent, food…
But what about plastic surgery? A University of Essex student spent £10,000 – all 3 years of her student loan – on liposuction for her bottom, hips, thighs and knees. Or maybe a bit less extreme you could spend £600 on a pug puppy named Hogan. Whether or not students are making big purchases or are attempting to work out how to budget, it seems there is the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to the world of student spending.